[bt-devel] beta4 released

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:40:05 -0500

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 01:42 pm, Martin Gruner wrote:
> This will be the last beta version. BibleTime is now in feature freeze,
> only bug fixes and message updates allowed.
> As usual, please download and test thoroughly. The more testing now, the
> better 1.3final will be. Testing is now what _you_ can help with, even if
> you are no developer! Kudos to Joachim for his awesome work on BibleTime
> and the website.

Well my first run through everything looks decent. Glad to see the search
window now centers on the verse you selected, dual lexicons work faboo now
too. There are some issues with resizing Bible windows but I'll report those
on the website.

However, I will bring up the issue of colors. The new default color for
strong's and morphology tags is much easier on the eyes but a bit close too
close to black imo. They don't stand out as something you can click. The blue
works great, it just needs to be a bit lighter. I'm also not too fond of the
default current verse color as it makes it confusing as to where you are when
you're reading words of Jesus in the same color. There are some other issues
with the Words of Christ but I need to run some further tests before filling
out a report.