[bt-devel] Documentation

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:02:23 -0500

This is probably OK, the installation instructions really should be in
the INSTALL, README, or website, and I think for the most part they
are.  I really had no plan except to maintain the installation
instructions them as they already existed when I started working on
bibletime.

I just installed mandrake 9, as soon as i get the kinks worked out I
will be able to get back to work.

Fred

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Fred,
> do you think it's ok to remove the installation instructions part from the
> installed documentation? Since we have international installation
> instructions on our webpages do you think we can remove the install part?
>
> If anything is still missing from www.bibletime.ifo we can add it to the
> instructions.
>
> Removing the install part would save you some time because you don't have to
> work on it any more. And we have only one place with instructions to care
> about.

As a  general rule I have found that it is a bad idea to keep
instructions for the same thing in two documents.  It is hard to keep
the documents synchronized.