[bt-devel] Feature Request

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:49:25 -0500

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:48:09 +0200
Joachim Ansorg <jansorg@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Steven!
>
> > Yet again, you have had the exact information that I needed.  At
> > first I couldn't get it to work, until I learned, from the FAQ on
> > the website(which you told me to check out anyway), that I had to
> > have Strongs' numbers enabled in the filter settings section.  I let
> > the fact that you can have the Strong's numbers displayed on the KJV
> > module even though the filter setting for Strong's numbers is
> > unchecked make me think it wasn't working :)
>
> The strongs option is unchecked in the display options of your active
> display window even when the Strongs option is set as default filter
> option in the optionsdialog?
> On my side it works pretty well.
>
> Joachim

Yeah, I just tried a search for a Strong's number, with the Strong's
numbers undisplayed, but with the Strong's number's option checked in
the filter options, and it worked perfectly.  The problem I had
yesterday was that when the Strong's numbers were displayed in the
module (i.e.: visible in the Bible presenter window) but unchecked in
the filter settings, I couldn't search for a Strong's number.  The
implication being, that, to my relatively unlearned mind anyway, the
filter settings dialog, as relating to the Strong's numbers anyway,
appears to affect only the search dialog and not the ability to display
the numbers themselves.
Hmmm, as soon as I memorize all the Strong's numbers and the english
words they go with, I'll be able to search for them without having them
displayed on the screen :)  (that was meant to be funny :))

Have a wonderful - pick one (a: morning b: afternoon c: evening)
Steven P. Ulrick :)