[bt-devel] Feature Request

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:58:35 -0500

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 18:15:44 +0200
Joachim Ansorg <jansorg@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Is there any way to do a search of a Strong's Concordance number, and
> > create a verse list based on the output?  For example, search for
> > Strong's #0025 in the New Testament and find and print out all the
> > occurances of the Greek word Agape.
>
> Sure, this is possible! Have a look at the FAQ :)
> Just turn on Strong numbers in the optionsdialog and search for <00025> in the
> searchdialog.
> Should work.
>
> > Also, would there be a way to search for the english word "love" (just
> > an example, of course), and get a list of all the Strong's numbers that
> > represent the Hebrew and Greek words that are translated in our Bibles
> > as "love"  One could then, if my first request is doable, create a verse
> > list that would allow a study from Genesis to Revelation on all the
> > varied shadings of different Hebrew and Greek words.
>
> Sounds more complicated since we have no internal Strongs database. I don't
> see how this could be done automatically for all languages BibleTime
> supports.
>
> If you have an idea how to do this, please speak up!
>
> Joachim

Thanks again, my friend :)
Yet again, you have had the exact information that I needed.  At first I couldn't get it to work, until I learned, from the FAQ on the website (which you told me to check out anyway), that I had to have Strongs' numbers enabled in the filter settings section.  I let the fact that you can have the Strong's numbers displayed on the KJV module even though the filter setting for Strong's numbers is unchecked make me think it wasn't working :)

But anyway, thanks again for your help.

Steven P. Ulrick