[bt-devel] Feature Request

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 18:15:44 +0200

Hi!

> Is there any way to do a search of a Strong's Concordance number, and
> create a verse list based on the output?  For example, search for
> Strong's #0025 in the New Testament and find and print out all the
> occurances of the Greek word Agape.

Sure, this is possible! Have a look at the FAQ :)
Just turn on Strong numbers in the optionsdialog and search for <00025> in the
searchdialog.
Should work.

> Also, would there be a way to search for the english word "love" (just
> an example, of course), and get a list of all the Strong's numbers that
> represent the Hebrew and Greek words that are translated in our Bibles
> as "love"  One could then, if my first request is doable, create a verse
> list that would allow a study from Genesis to Revelation on all the
> varied shadings of different Hebrew and Greek words.

Sounds more complicated since we have no internal Strongs database. I don't
see how this could be done automatically for all languages BibleTime
supports.

If you have an idea how to do this, please speak up!

Joachim