[bt-devel] back/forward buttons preview

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:41:06 +0200

Thank you for taking your time working on better navigation.

I see a problem with your solution. Since we can use more than on window at
the same time we decided to give each window it's own navigation controls
(keychoosers, combos ...).
So all navigation should go into the display windows (CBibleReadWindow, etc.).
Buttons which work in a different way for different windows (e.g.
next/previous will work differently for Bibles, lexicons or books).

The question is now how next/previous should be implemented in the display
windows! Since we already have these buttons adding buttons with the same
functionality at a different place will confuse users. BibleTime should be
easy to navigate but powerful enough for more serious work.
I see another options: Changing the keychooser widget to offer the
next/previous item buttons in a better way so users can better navigate in
the windows.

Do you know another way to do this? I'd be glad to hear some comments.
Please don't misunderstand me, I _do_ like the work you're doing. I wish I
posted some GUI guidelines before. I think we should add the most important
guidelines to the WiKi on SF.

Thanks!
Joachim