[bt-devel] Sword and bibletime current cvs rpm's.

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 01:51:00 -0400

On Friday 11 October 2002 01:09 am, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Thursday 10 October 2002 08:50 pm, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > If you can't I can for RH8, as well as for Red Hat 7.3 (for a while) and

> That would be much apricaited as I really have no love for them. Especially
> after thier last round of shenanigans.

Even as a long-time Red Hat user (since 4.0), I'm at somewhat of a loss.  A
friend of mine who is a definite newbie loves it, though.  It certainly is a
faster distribution than previous Red Hat's, and has one of the best
responding KDE's of any (I've used Red Hat's KDE ever since they started
putting in KDE).  In 8 one can still configure things the same as one could
in 7.3, it just isn't the default.  There are other changes under the hood,
however, and I'm not sure I particularly care for it.

However, as PostgreSQL RPM maintainer I have little choice due to several
factors. Oh well.  It's certainly better than the Microsoft alternative, that
much is for sure.  Had I not had so many problems with Mandrake 6.0 I might
have stayed on that bandwagon, but I had a terrible time getting PostgreSQL
packaged there.  So I went back to Red Hat.

> > If you want to work in that direction, and don't mind me working towards
> > editless spec files, I believe that may be a good division of labor.  If
> > you desire such, of course.  AFAIK we both have cvs commit privileges,
> > which I have not yet used.

> Thats is fine I havn't actually used cvs for this project yet either aven
> though I've been helping out for quite a few years. if you would like my
> current spec let me know.

Yes, please do.  Is there a close to current one in CVS?  I'll work on that
side of it as my time allows.

> Thanks for the response. Also if the setup wizard gets done I'm really
> going to push to get this thing into mandrake.

That would be great.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio