[bt-devel] Red Hat 8.0...

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:33:29 -0500

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 16:41, Brad wrote:
> I have been trying to get Bibletime working on and off for about a year
> with Red Hat 7.3 and I have given up. i tried the tarball and the RPM and
> the tarball of Sword, but to no avail.

The RPM is built with SWORD statically linked -- you don't need a sword RPM or
tarball installed.  To rebuild from source you need SWORD 1.5.5.

So, all you need to do is install the bibletime-1.2.2-1rh8.i386.rpm and
bibletime-doc-1.2.2-1rh8.noarch.rpm, populate /usr/share/sword with your
modules, and run bibletime as a user.  It Just Works (TM).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio