[bt-devel] 1.3 -- volunteers wanted! You!!

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 May 2002 22:07:48 +0200

Hello Fred,

> I am willing to update the handbook.

=) Cool. We couldn't do this without you.

> How are we handling updates here.  With the .po files, translators
> should be able to use po files to reduce the amount of translation
> needed.  In theory the ,po file should bring all unchanged portions
> forward with a minimum of work.
>
> Pictures can be updated with no disruption to the translators, as these
> stand alone.  Do these need to be updated to bibletime 1.2 (not much
> change).

Joachim, could you comment on this please?

> Do you think I should change the site docs on installation to note the
> kde3 mandrake cooker version issues?

Which site docs? sf?

What needs to be updated in the handbook is the fonts section again. Please
describe the process using kcontrol's awesome features. It will install the
fonts, and configure ghostscript (and staroffice) correctly. And we should
update the fonts section to give reference to the better unicode fonts, found
at http://www.ccss.de/slovo/unifonts.htm. You can probably just direct users
there and mention the big good fonts such as code2000, cyberbit, lucidia sans
unicode and tahoma. Font handling has become an awesome lot easier with KDE3!
Therefore our section can shrink. ;)

Martin