[bt-devel] Re: Display bug - was Re: Typographical errors in handbook

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:29:28 +0100

Hello Fred,

> The abbreviation RTL is not one I am familiar with.

RTL means "right-to-left", which is necessary for some languages like Hebrew
and Arabic, but not yet supported by BibleTime. QT3 is expected to fix this
(actually this will be one of our major strenths over other software packages
for Bible study).

> I am going to assume this will be fixed with distributions supporting Qt3 /
> KDE 3.

I hope so! ;)

> Please look at the fonts section in the handbook and let me know if it is
> OK now.

"Unicode fonts have not been included in any of the distributions (as of
January 2002)"

I don't think that is right. SuSE has clearlyu for example. Users can find
out about the module's encoding in the "about module" dialog. There is a
little typo on this page too: "The $bibletime; team expects the Qt problem to
be resolved with the release of Qt3."

Apart from that, your docs are getting better and better! Your're doing a
grand job!

Martin