[bt-devel] Icons!

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:18:47 +0100

Hello Timothy,

> > Well. Some personal commments.
> > The whole theme looks a bit too dark. Maybe you could change the colors
> > of the books a bit, lighter. The 4 Module types could definitely get own
> > colors each. (That is, bible _could_ be brown, commentaries red and so
> > on).
>
>   Hmm... I was kind of keeping to the same design Tackat used with KDE MIME
> icons (i.e. a neutral object [sheet of paper in KDE] and place something
> unique on top). I can change this if you want, but it might start to be too
> colorful.

Yeah, you're right. I thought about it and reasoned that one basic color
would be better. Maybe you could lighten it a little, as proposed by others
too.-

> > stronger.  The cross could be a bit thicker. Dunno if the sword icon is
> > appropriate atm... Maybe it should be more symblic, or with a power plug
> > in the icon to indicate it relates to the sword library... But we can
> > also use it as it is.
>
>   Hmm, is there something in particular that is wrong with it? Perhaps I'd
> be happy to make changes to it if you'd like.

Not sure. You can as well keep it as it is.

> > them ready soon we can include them in beta2 for testing. Once again,
> > thanks so much.
>
>    I can probably spend some more time Saturday working on them... would
> that be soon enough?

Well, that depends on you. If you can work on it on saturday, that's fine.
We'll adjust our schedule to fit that.

Btw, in case Joachim already left when we got to make the 1.1 release (Which
is likely to happen): are people around who can create binary packages?
I could probably try to create SuSE 7.3 rpm's, but nothing else. Brook?
Daniel?

Martin