[bt-devel] Icons!

Timothy R. Butler bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:04:02 -0600

Hi Martin,
> Thanks a lot! You're definitely on the right track! I like it!
> It would be cool if we could put your source files (xcf?) into cvs too.

  Sure. I will send the final XCF's to you.

> Well. Some personal commments.
> The whole theme looks a bit too dark. Maybe you could change the colors of
> the books a bit, lighter. The 4 Module types could definitely get own
> colors each. (That is, bible _could_ be brown, commentaries red and so on).

  Hmm... I was kind of keeping to the same design Tackat used with KDE MIME
icons (i.e. a neutral object [sheet of paper in KDE] and place something
unique on top). I can change this if you want, but it might start to be too
colorful.

> The question mark for books is probably not the best idea (maybe just
> nothing).

  Perhaps so... depends if the book that the icon represents makes sense. ;-)

> The commentary "man" won't be very visible in small sizes. I
> suggest that you erase it and ose only a larger speech bubble there, maybe
> together with the cross from the bible. You should probably take off text
> from the icons, due to small sizes. The plus icon is good, could be a bit

  Well, I'd suggest that in smaller sizes the icons be simplified, while
keeping them detailed in larger sizes (like 32x32).

> stronger.  The cross could be a bit thicker. Dunno if the sword icon is
> appropriate atm... Maybe it should be more symblic, or with a power plug in
> the icon to indicate it relates to the sword library... But we can also use
> it as it is.

  Hmm, is there something in particular that is wrong with it? Perhaps I'd be
happy to make changes to it if you'd like.

> These are just suggestons, I'm no desinger. What I really like about your
> icons is that they are somehow modular, which will make adding of new icons
> easy, and provides a consistant look. Good work! If you can manage to get

  Thanks. :-)

> them ready soon we can include them in beta2 for testing. Once again,
> thanks so much.

   I can probably spend some more time Saturday working on them... would that
be soon enough?

  -Tim

- --
Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler@uninetsolutions.com