[bt-devel] Makefile.am trouble

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:08:56 -0400

Make problem
Today when I tried to make bibletime I ran into a problem that confuses
me.  The first error i found a work around..

Error 1
_______________________
[fkskde3@localhost bibletime]$ make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** YOU'RE USING AUTOCONF 2.13. We suggest updating.
*** autoconf 2.5x works best for now, we will drop
*** support for autoconf 2.13 soon.
*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set
the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
./Makefile.am:20: option `dist-bzip2' not recognized
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
[fkskde3@localhost bibletime]$

-------------------------
The solution seemed to be comment out line 20, it then reads:

18# not a GNU package. You can remove this line, if
19# have all needed files, that a GNU package needs
20# AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = foreign dist-bzip2 Removed by fred saalbach
21
11 datadir = $(kde_appsdir)/Applications

Now the error is below.  I was not able to figure out anything for this.
_________________________

[fkskde3@localhost bibletime]$ make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** YOU'RE USING AUTOCONF 2.13. We suggest updating.
*** autoconf 2.5x works best for now, we will drop
*** support for autoconf 2.13 soon.
*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set
the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
automake: ./Makefile.am: required file `./AUTHORS' not found
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
[fkskde3@localhost bibletime]$