[bt-devel] Icons used in bibletime

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:03:14 +0200

> I felt just now that it would be better to set it up this way so that I
> did not forget anything.  Joachim already told me that one reason I did
> this was not valid ie have make create a symlink and point to the icons
> in the kde directory.  He thinks this will be too much trouble.

Hm. My vote goes for including the KDE icons that should be explained. Then
you can also read the docs via webcvs.

> What I plan with the directory structure is:
> Once the pictures are updated, I will flatten the directories all the
> way so that the pictures are back inside the main directory.

That's fine!

> All of the
> icons add up to
>
> Bibletime icons   -  43.6kB
> KDE3 icons        -  83.5kB
> Handbook Pictures - 325.8kB
>
> If you think any of these numbers are too large I can try to reduce
> them.  Compression was 6 could go to 9.  I have not indexed the color,
> or taken any other file size reduction measures.  I suppose I might have
> too many pictures in the handbook.  Comments?

No, images are fine and helpful. Does not seem too much to me.
A high-quality handbook is an essential part of a good software. Thank you so
much for your awesome work, Fred.

Martin