[bt-devel] Icons used in bibletime

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:19:53 -0400

I felt just now that it would be better to set it up this way so that I
did not forget anything.  Joachim already told me that one reason I did
this was not valid ie have make create a symlink and point to the icons
in the kde directory.  He thinks this will be too much trouble.

I updated my computer to mandrake 8.2 and ran into several problems
(including a bad power supply fan) that had to be fixed, so my bibletime
work has been slowed down a bit. I also need to compete with the
youngsters for computer time.  Perhaps after I get the build working I
can get one of them to copy pictures.

What I plan with the directory structure is:
Once the pictures are updated, I will flatten the directories all the
way so that the pictures are back inside the main directory.  All of the
icons add up to

Bibletime icons   -  43.6kB
KDE3 icons        -  83.5kB
Handbook Pictures - 325.8kB

If you think any of these numbers are too large I can try to reduce
them.  Compression was 6 could go to 9.  I have not indexed the color,
or taken any other file size reduction measures.  I suppose I might have
too many pictures in the handbook.  Comments?

Fred