[bt-devel] Where rpm for Mandrake 8.2

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 04:26:53 -0400

If you were using bibletime-1.2.tar.bz2 that is roughly identical to the
cvs file from a few weeks ago which I used on mandrake 8.1.  There
should not be any differences between mandrake 8.1 and 8.2 that affect
compiling the tar file.

The command sequence I use to compile is below.  but apparently mandrake
has issued kde3.0 rpm's that have put kde3 in several different places.
As a result you need to figure out where it really is and use that path
for KDEDIR.

export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
# make -f Makefile.cvs  #this line is needed only with the cvs version
./configure
make
su
make install

Often failure to compile indicates that some needed package or file is
not installed.  The compile messages usually indicate what was not found
when the error occurs. If this does not help you can post a copy of the
error.  Usually only the last dozen lines of the compile messages are
needed to figure out what is missing.

Fred Saalbach