[bt-devel] Some changes

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 22:31:21 +0200

> > Martin, can you please check that hebrew looks still right?

> I do not like the tables atm. The verse numbers should still be in a
> separate column, because this can cause funny looking output right now:
> open BHS and LX parallel.

Using a verse column has some disadvantages:
	1. You can't make bookmarks to all modules, only to one
	2. HTML page layout is better without the verse column because we can
calculate the width of the module columns.
	3. Navigation is better with versenumbers before each versetext (IMHO)

> And I would like to have the table cells color
> like a chess-board (the way it was before your change, I implemented this),
> because that makes reading / distinguishing much easier.

I don't like the chess board! It makes you mad if you read a whole chapter
with three modules :) And the other reason is, that it was more easy to
implement (we are adding row by row).
Do we really need the chessboard or is the current layout acceptable, too?

> Joachim, why did you remove the hide/show linebreaks feature? That one
> makes a lot of sense, because bible text should be read as text and not as
> a list of singe verses. I'd be glad if you could re-add it.

this feature is a victim of the improvement :)
If you look at C*Display you see that we use now a entryText function, which
returns table columns in a row for all used modules. This is not compatible
with the line break option because we add row by row (verse by verse for all
modules) and not module by module which would be really inefficient.

> Again, good work! I like the consistent look of all modules now!
> We're continually restructuring _everything_, that is our strength! =)

I need something to do ;)
We'll restructure 'till I like all parts of the code ...

BTW, the tree in the BookDisplay windows works now again :)

Joachim