[bt-devel] kde

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:32:24 -0400

I just installed KDR release 3.0.2, (rpm's from
subraum.rhrz.uni-bonn.de/pub/kde/stable/3.0/Mandrake/8.1/RPMS) there is
a problem here. While starting up bibletime i get the following error
message:
| DCOP communications error (BibleTime) |
| There was an error setting up         |
| inter-process communications for KDE. |
| The message returned by the system    |
| was:                                  |
| Could not open network socket         |
| Please check that the "dcopserver"    |
| program is running.                   |

There are a few other messages that apear here also, all to the effect
that dcopserver might not be running, but on doing dcopserver in a
terminal the response id that it is running.

After acknolowageing this error bibletime loads.
Somtimes while bibletiome is open and I am selecting versed I get "no
mime types installed" messages.

When printing to Kghostviewer the following messageis delivered:
|------------------------------------------------------------|
| Sorry Bibletime                                            |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
| Could not open                                             |
| /home/../.kde/tmp-localhost.localdomain/kdeprint_Brqbatp   |
| which has type application/octet-stream.                   |
| KGhostview can only load Postscript and Portable           |
| Document Format files.                                     |

I also tried this in a clean new and empty user area, with the same
results.

It does seem that this version of kde runs slightly faster than 3.0.1,
but with this bug which seems to be a kde thing, I would suggest
avoiding kde 3.0.2

Fred Saalbach