[bt-devel] BibleInstaller

Daniel Glassey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:50:57 +0100

On 14 Jul 2002 at 0:37, Joachim Ansorg sent forth the message:

> Hi!
>
> > I just created a directory for the upcoming BibleInstaller (suggest
> > different names if you want), in bibletime/bibleinstaller. I placed an
> > empty main.cpp there and connected this to the makefile system. The build
> > should work ok.
>
> I called it now BTSetupWizard, I hope this name is ok. I added it in the
> folder setupwizard and added and own project file.
>

> > As soon as Troy, Daniel and others get SWRemoteMgr working (using the cURL
> > lib, curl.sf.net) we can start working on the installer, which will be a
> > very important part of our software soon.
>
> Do you know how long this may take?

What I hope to do is get the API right first so you have the headers and stubs to build the
installer gui on. Then I'll fill in the gaps with the code from the old installmgr and whatever
else needs to go in.

I'm aiming to get headers in over the next couple of days so once they are in I'll let you know
and then please comment on them so I know if any changes are needed before I fill in the gaps.

> > Please feel free to make proposals as to how the installer should look
> > like, what it should be able to do etc. Atm I favor a wzard-style
> > interface, very simple and easy to use. More detailed proposals later, once
> > the sword api is ready.
>
> I have some ideas. Maybe I'll send around a designer file, soon.

Daniel