[bt-devel] sword iso

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:05:58 -0700

Lamar,
	Thanks for the reply!

> How much space is available for Bibletime binaries?  If it's a case of 'if
> SuSE, install SuSE RPM's, if Red Hat. install Red Hat' then it's just a
> matter of differing RPMsets.

We have plenty of space available on the CD.

> Incidentally, I have Red Hat 7.3 BibleTime 1.2.1 RPMs built and installed.  I
> had sent the set to Brook; but I think he had a crash in the meantime.  Where
> should I put the set I built?
>
> The stuff to do this sort of thing exists in multiple forms.  The Loki
> installer is available, as is the Great Bridge (RIP) installer -- if I can
> get my hands on its source again, being Great Bridge is defunct.

We are currently using the Loki installer.  It is configured to untar a
bibletimebase.tar.gz file to $KDEDIR.  In my last email I wrote a script
to set the $KDEDIR variable and $KDEDOCS for KDE3 on any system.  So you
could make the setup.xml file contain:

     <files path="${KDEDIR|/usr/local/}">
       bibletimebase.tar.gz
     </files>
     <files path="${KDEDOCS|/usr/local/docs/}">
       bibletimedocs.tar.gz
     </files>

and we could also add any other entries you might need to do this
appropriately.

Let me know if you would like to help with this and I will set you up
with the privileges you need.

	-Troy.