[bt-devel] Updating PO files of translations

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:43:31 -0500

Making clean XML files is a bit of a pain.
Generally what I have found is that the first error message will often
generate a large number of garbage errors.  So start at the first error.

In the case you site, the error is on line 315 of the text.  I think the
problem might be a missing or improperly placed tag.  The problem might
actually be a few lines above line 315.  Line 315 is the first line
where the parser could not figure out what to do.  We will probably have
a number of these the first time we use this translation method as there
are probably a number of XML errors in the previous .po files.

I will take a look at the .po files and see if I can figure this out.

I just updated all of my code so I will probably try a fresh build
tonight.

Fred Saalbach

--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.