[bt-devel] Updating PO files of translations

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:08:45 -0500

I checked your new make commands today.
All of the commands issued from ~/en/~* work.

The create german po also seems to work, however as I did not clean out
the directory first the make ran diff on the new vs old po files.  Now I
have somewhat of a mess.  I will delete my mess before my next update.
This behavior is not what I expected, but could be useful, and is OK.

I would suggest that meinproc should be run as
meinproc --check index.docbook as this forces that all XML errors be
printed out.  The html file is only generated when the XML is clean.

I always run meinproc this way so the code I cost should always be clean
(from an XML grammar standpoint anyway).  The translated files should
also be checked the same way as there is a possibility that the
translation can introduce XML grammar problems.

Fred Saalbach