[bt-devel] the bibletime-docs build problem

Daniel Glassey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:39:05 -0000

On 9 Jan 2002 at 8:32, Martin Gruner sent forth the message:

> Daniel,
>
> > took a while but I've got it
> >
> > at the end of configure.in.in
> > -AC_OUTPUT(README INSTALL)
> > +dnl AC_OUTPUT(README INSTALL)
>
> Wow. Just about to test this. I'll put it in cvs and update the Makefile.am
> files. Fred, could you test too?
> Now Daniel, it would be interesting to me what caused the error

It's AC_OUTPUT that sets the SET_MAKE variable in configure. It was
broken so the @SET_MAKE@ was left in Makefiles by configure so they
didn't work. It was broken because the the scripts in admin that create
configure.in from configure.in.in rely on AC_OUTPUT being commented out
with dnl.

> and why it didn't occur on my system.

If you are using autoconf 2.5 it probably handles this case cleanly and
doesn't generate a broken configure.

Daniel