[bt-devel] Fwd: Re: bibletime

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 09:45:04 -0500

The banner looks ok to me.  As to the size issue, I can see this banner
would be sized OK for some situations, but much too big for others.  It
depends on the page layout where the banner is placed.

I tried shrinking the image 50% in gimp, the foreground looks OK the
fonts get a bit small, but are readable, overall at 50% of full size it
looks as good as many comercial banners.  At 75% of full size it looks
just fine.  I suggest shrinking the banner to whatever size is needed
and then seeing if it looks OK, it probably will.

Fred Saalbach

Martin Gruner wrote:

> Timothy created a banner for BibleTime. He is on the list and can read your
> comments. What is your opinion?
>
> http://bibletime.de/private/bt-banner.png
>
> I like it, though it is a little too large. If the size could be reduced
> withouth making the fonts ugly, we could sure use it! Thanks Tim!
>
> Martin

II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and
pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I
hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.