[bt-devel] suggestion

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:06:21 +0100

I suggest that we from now on not only depend on kdelibs, but also on kdebase.

pro:
-we can drop out all icons which kde provides, therefore making themed icons
available in BT
-we can rely on kdebase services, e.g. dcop communication (later)

con:
-no static build any more (Brook, would you still want to do this?)

I personally think that ppl who have KDE have the whole distribution
installed, since KDE became very popular in the recent time. Therefore we
should not bear a burden which is not necessary. And the static build is
simply no longer needed imo.

Martin