[bt-devel] Daily tips

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 16:36:35 +0100

Hi all!

I think you all know our daily tips. I decided to use KDE's standard tip
dialog, because this has some advantages for us:
	-We have a standard format valid in the future
	-We don't have to maintain our own tip window class (CTipWindow)
	-The tips can be translated using po files

This is possible, because we depend now on KDE 2.1.x, we decided this some
weeks ago on this list.

The script bibletime/make-massages.sh now automatically adds the english
daily tips to the bibletime application translation file. This is more easy
for translators because they don't have to care about the format of the tips
file.

The file, which contains the english tips is called
bibletime-doc/docs/en/tips and is in KDE's tip format. The other tips files
of the other languages are not needed any more, I removed them.

Joachim