[bt-devel] BibleTime 1.3beta1 testing

Gary Sims bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:01:28 +0000

Martin,

Thanks for the warm welcome to the list...

> > I also once got a 'tip of the day' of:
>
> Yeah. We'll need to review those.

I don't mind reviewing them. I see that the tips of the day are in a
file called docs/tips. I can also see them in the bibletime.pot file.
Is the pot file autogenerated from the tips file? Point me in the right
direction and I will review them.

> That's great! We are really looking for people who are serious about
> contributing. Not sure what you can do right now, since we are
> already quite close to a release. Would you like to translate
> BibleTime into Romanian? That would be pretty cool. Let me know and I
> will set up everything that you need.

I will be happy to translate BibleTime into Romanian. Set me up!!!

On the bugs side, I will continue to test 1.3beta1.

I have a feature request. I like the 'Search in open modules' option but
for me a 'Search default Bible' would be very useful. You see I often
have bibletime open with several English versions of the Bible and the
Romanian and I only want to search in my default English Bible. If I
get time I will look at how hard it is to add that feature myself (post
1.3 of course).

Finally, I am indeed a native Englishman and I will make it my first
task to check the i18n strings for you.

Gary
--
Gary Sims