[bt-devel] We ARE going to get it :)

spu bt-devel@crosswire.org
08 Aug 2002 07:24:47 -0500

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 06:33, spu wrote:
>    I tried all that I was told to do, and at least I ended up with a
> different error message :)  Just to avoid confusion, I am in the process
> of removing ALL references to Sword and Bibletime, and I am going to
> re-download the CVS's of both of them, then I'll either get back with
> you with a success story :), or we'll proceed from there :)
>    You'll be hearing from me in a few hours :)
>
> Steven P. Ulrick

Well, I did what I referred to above, and now the CVS of Sword gives me
the following error:
    g++ -g -O2 -ftemplate-depth-25 -o .libs/testlib testlib.o
    -L/home/steve/sword/lib /home/steve/sword/lib/.libs/libsword.so -lz
    -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/lib
    g++: /home/steve/sword/lib/.libs/libsword.so: No such file or
    directory
    make[2]: *** [testlib] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/sword'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/sword'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

   I'm going to try to reinstall sword 1.5.3 and bibletime 1.2.1 just to
see if I can get them working again. If that doesn't work, I'll
reinstall Red Hat to see if I messed something else up, because I
successfully installed sword 1.5.4 from CVS earlier, and I even ran it
with the stable version of Bibletime that I had in the same directory :)

I'll be in touch with you later :)
Steven P. Ulrick