[bt-devel] environment variable m4

spu bt-devel@crosswire.org
07 Aug 2002 23:12:15 -0500

Hey Everybody :)
   I think I may be on to something :)

   When I run "make -f Makefile.cvs, this is part of the output:

    *** Creating acinclude.m4
    !!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to
    set the environment variable M4 to something including
    "--nesting-limit=500"
    *** Creating list of subdirectories
    *** Creating configure.in
    *** Creating aclocal.m4
    *** Creating configure
    *** Creating config.h template
    autoheader: `config.h.in' is unchanged
    *** Creating Makefile templates
    *** Postprocessing Makefile templates
    Warning: unknown option qt-only in bibletime/backend/Makefile.in
    unknown icon type  in bibletime/pics/Makefile.in (startuplogo.png)

   Notice the references to the m4 variable (whatever that is), and the
references to recursive errors from autoconf.
   Now, look at the output from the make command, (I ran ./configure,
but that went without a hitch, so it's not included here) and notice the
references to "recursive"

    make  all-recursive
    cswordbackend.cpp: In method `const bool CSwordBackend::useICU ()
    const':
    cswordbackend.cpp:413: `isICU' is not a member of type `SWMgr'
    make[3]: *** [cswordbackend.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

   Could it be a matter of setting the m4 variable referred to in the
first piece of output? If so, please let me know where I can set this
variable to the prescribed value :)
   In case anyone would like to look at all of the files that contain
the m4, they are located at the following location:
    http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime_m4.tar.bz2

   Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated :)
   Steven P. Ulrick