[bt-devel] 1.1

Daniel Glassey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:49:19 +0100

On 9 Apr 2002 at 14:21, Martin Gruner sent forth the message:

> Hello Daniel,
>
> > It might just be me, but just in case could people please check. The docs
> > don't work for me on debian with the debs I've built.
> >
> > bibletime uses
> > kapp->invokeHTMLHelp("bibletime/handbook/index.html");
> > to invoke help. But bibletime-doc only installs docbook files and no html.
> >
> > and it generates the warning
> >  WARNING: invoking HTML help is deprecated! use docbook and invokeHelp!
>
> I know of that behavior. It works, it translates the xml docs on the fly,
> though we have to replace this call in future. Could it be that you have the
> docs in the wrong place?

Hi Martin.
The docs are installed to /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/xx/bibletime/. They open ok but only have
partial documents. e.g. The handbook only shows the first 2 sections up to 'Parts of the BibleTime
Window', and the biblestudyhowto doesn't show any contents.

>The .deb file looks good...

Have you tried installing it and seeing if it works. If you have andare using a clean debian
woody/testing then the debs are good enough so we can release them on the cd.

> Do you see the tips of the day?

Yes, that works now

> None of the entries in the help menu works?

see above.

> > all the other KDE apps on this system have all the docbook files in one
> > directory rather than being split into handbook, install ... could this be
> > the/a problem?
>
> Not really. The function call looks so strange to enable just this, and it
> _does_ work. There must be something wrong with your setup.

hmmm, could be I have something wrong in my mix of unstable and testing. though the version of
konqueror is the same in both so I'm not sure.

Regards,
Daniel