[bt-devel] GUI Merge bug

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 19:57:19 +0200

Hey Tim,

> I think the debugger messing up is because optimization stays at
> O2 even though --enable-debug option is specified for configure.
> Perhaps -g3 -O0 options should be generated when --enable-debug is
> specified?
>
> I suppose that compiler options may be overridden at configure time as
> well.  With O2 optimization, it makes it very difficult to navigate
> for debugging, so it would make sense to set -g3 -O0 as well?

I don't know. This behaviour comes from the kde autotools package, which is
found in the admin/ dir and updated from time to time. We could probably try
to override this in configure.in.in, but I don't know how. Daniel maybe?

Plus, I think the KDE guys probably thought about this too... I didn't even
know that optimization and debugging can conflict...
You can definitely override the compiler settings with CXXFLAGS by hand.

Martin