[bt-devel] GUI Merge bug

Tim Brodie bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 12:04:22 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Those icons were removed. You have a button in the display windows to
> configure stuff like that now. Does it work? Like it?
> Don't know about your debugging issues though... Can you use BibleTime for
> normal operation?

Interesting, as they are still present in the bibletimeui.rc file.  I was
distracted by that and didn't look for the button in the display window.
Actually, this is much better for function as it only affects the specific
window and is saved in the profile!  Well done. :-)

I think the debugger messing up is because optimization stays at
O2 even though --enable-debug option is specified for configure.
Perhaps -g3 -O0 options should be generated when --enable-debug is specified?

I suppose that compiler options may be overridden at configure time as
well.  With O2 optimization, it makes it very difficult to navigate
for debugging, so it would make sense to set -g3 -O0 as well?

Regards...

--
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.

Tim Brodie, IT Manager, Display Works Inc.
90 Milvan Drive, Toronto, Ontario CANADA M9L 1Z6
Phone: 416-740-9677x290 Fax: 416-740-9971 http://www.displayworksinc.com