[bt-devel] Bug report

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:07:39 +0200

Hello Fred,

> I tried to open the following modules with the result that bibletime locked
> up, there was disk activity, but no further messages to the terminal.
> Eventually (after 10 to 15 minutes) bibletime crashed with no kcrash
> message.
>
> Hitchcocks 1.1
> Smiths 1.1

I have 1.3 of either one, works. Can you try to compile with --enable-debug
and have KDevelop catch the error location?
But I _assume_ that this is related to sword internals and could  not be
solved by us anyway... I have other problematic modules here which make BT
crash, trying to figure out...

> I suspect that this is similar to the problem we found earlier with an
> encrypted module.  There is something in these modules that sword or
> bibletime does not like (perhaps a module with bad or superseded encoding).
>  In this case bibletime should trap the problem rather than hang.  I think
> it ts much better to provide a message like "You have attempted to open a
> damaged or outdated sword module.  Please download a new copy of the module
> from Crosswire".

And if it were a sword problem we could not help it but urge users to upgrade
their modules.

Martin