[bt-devel] Bug report

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:35:35 -0500

I think that should be trapped rather than have the result experienced.

I tried to open the following modules with the result that bibletime locked up, there was disk activity, but no further messages to the terminal.  Eventually
(after 10 to 15 minutes) bibletime crashed with no kcrash message.

Hitchcocks 1.1
Smiths 1.1
Both of these modules have probably been superseded.

I suspect that this is similar to the problem we found earlier with an encrypted module.  There is something in these modules that sword or bibletime does
not like (perhaps a module with bad or superseded encoding).  In this case bibletime should trap the problem rather than hang.  I think it ts much better to
provide a message like "You have attempted to open a damaged or outdated sword module.  Please download a new copy of the module from Crosswire".

I like the new icons, but agree that the small icons lost detail and need work on the contrast of the features.

Fred Saalbach