[bt-devel] GUI Merge bug

Tim Brodie bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:20:38 -0500

Platform: Linux Mandrake 8.1 on 2.4.8-34 kernel
		KDE 2.2.1/ Qt 2.3.1
		g++ version 2.96 20000731
		./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-debug

I've noticed that the XML GUI definition is not merged
(that is, it doesn't appear as if createGUI() is called)
and so the toolbar icons for Strong's and Footnotes does
not appear.

When I place a breakpoint on createGUI() (kdevelop 2.1),
I do a "step over" and the code jumps back to initBackends().
If I do another "step over" the code crashes and never
returns.

Kind of looks like stack corruption, in that the code
currently doesn't crash when running outside of the
debugger... just doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

--
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.

Tim Brodie, IT Manager, Display Works Inc.
90 Milvan Drive, Toronto, Ontario CANADA M9L 1Z6
Phone: 416-740-9677x290 Fax: 416-740-9971 http://www.displayworksinc.com