[bt-devel] development?

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:40:10 +0200

> I agree, the list is VERY quite.  I am most certainly willing and have
> some time.

Welcome on the team.

> I've been looking into the dnd functionality.  It's been quite a
> learning process getting to know a little KDE, and lots of QT and
> BibleTime :).  I've become familiar with some of the code that most
> likely requires adjustments.  I've also been learning about QT's DND
> mechanism.  I'm now able to use KDeveloper to step through the bible
> time code, set breakpoints and such.

Yes, as you can see at our sf project's task list a redo of the DND
functionality in BT is one of the near aims. You can step into this direction
if you want.

> I'm kinda interested in what the plans are in regards to QT/KDE 3.0.  Do
> we want to wait some time before taking advantage of some of the many
> improvements in these packages?

I didn't talk to Joachim about this, but I think that we should wait some
time. Imo we should port quickly after KDE 3.0 is out and release a ported
version of the last release. We should not work with KDE cvs because this
creates a lot of unnecessary overhead for the developers. IMO the port is
pretty easy.
Are there special features in KDE 3.0 you are thinking about?

Martin