[bt-devel] Status - Documentation Update

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 05:52:19 -0400

Martin Gruner wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> > I have almost taken care of all of the bugs in the english docbook files
> > that were created by the change by kde to a new DTD
> >
> > I have also been able to fix the german file so that meinproc will parse
> > it with essentually the same errors that I get with the english
> > version.  I still am getting not in utf8 format errors, but this does
> > not seem to prevent parsing.
> >
> > What I plan on doing, is taking this to the point of creating po files
> > of the existing german translated documents as these will become the
> > basis for a kbable rough translation later.  I will follow with it, and
> > cs after I revise the handbook to the publish as next version format.
> > This should make the translators job easier, as they should be able to
> > quickly find things that are changed.
>
> Very good! Thank you for your good work!
>
> > I am going to make a change to the graphic files.  All of the things
> > that are in /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common will go into ~/common.  All of
> > the bibletime graphiph will go into /graphics.  This will allow make to
> > create shortcuts to the kde files so that they do not need to be
> > included in the .rpm packages.  It also makes it easier for me to keep
> > track of these files.
>
> Could you please explain this a bit more? Are you talking about the icons
> that are shipped with KDE?

YES

> Why should we create shortcuts to them?

I don't know if we should or should not make shortcuts to the common kde
graphic file, however by placing all of the common graphic in one folder
it would make it easier to keep track of these icons in future versions
as kde is updated.

It the correct thing to do is to create shortcuts, it would be done with
make (the icons would not be made into the .rpm file.  If this is done
it should be simpler if the same thing is done to veerything in the
folder.

All that I did is change the tag for graphics in the docbook.xml files.
Now all tags generated by the xml parser point to the ~/common folder,
and all the tags in the docbook.xml files point to ~/graphics.

If we decide this is a bad idea later it is easy to undo.

--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.