[bt-devel] Status - Documentation Update

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:40:18 +0200

Hi Fred,

> I have almost taken care of all of the bugs in the english docbook files
> that were created by the change by kde to a new DTD
>
> I have also been able to fix the german file so that meinproc will parse
> it with essentually the same errors that I get with the english
> version.  I still am getting not in utf8 format errors, but this does
> not seem to prevent parsing.
>
> What I plan on doing, is taking this to the point of creating po files
> of the existing german translated documents as these will become the
> basis for a kbable rough translation later.  I will follow with it, and
> cs after I revise the handbook to the publish as next version format.
> This should make the translators job easier, as they should be able to
> quickly find things that are changed.

Very good! Thank you for your good work!

> I am going to make a change to the graphic files.  All of the things
> that are in /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common will go into ~/common.  All of
> the bibletime graphiph will go into /graphics.  This will allow make to
> create shortcuts to the kde files so that they do not need to be
> included in the .rpm packages.  It also makes it easier for me to keep
> track of these files.

Could you please explain this a bit more? Are you talking about the icons
that are shipped with KDE? Why should we create shortcuts to them?

Originally Joachim included them in BibleTime because he wanted BT not to
depend on kdebase. But I think this won't be necessary any more in future...
In a future version we shall also make use of dcop which will make a static
build impossible. I think we can go in this direction because KDE is becoming
widely accepted and installed.

Martin