[bt-devel] Hyperlink

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:56:06 +0100

Hey Joachim,

> Hm, MHC has no hyperlinks on my side. TSK has no, too.
> Do you have new module versions (ThML)?

TSK does not, though I think I saw a version with hyperlinks. MHC has, it is
a ThML  module. I use modules as downloadable from crosswire.

> > Joachim, could you please tell us your standard of Hyperlinks? Are they
> > draggable?
>
> The standard is:
> For Bibles, Commentaries and Lexicons:
> 	sword://[Bible|Commentary|Lexicon]/Modulename/Key
> 	e.g. sword://Lexicon/Eastons/Jesus is a hyperlink to the Jesus entry in
> the eastons lexicon module.
>
> For strongs:
> 	strongs://OT or NT/key
> 	e.g. strongs://OT/00001 is a refrence to the strong key 00001 in the OT
> strong dictionary

Shouldn't we try to only use one protocol?
sword://modulename/key should be enough, maybe sword://modulename/keylist.
The filter drivers can query cbtconfig to check the predefined modules. The
module type can be determined by module->type().
Another way would be
sword://[bible/lexicon/commentary/strongs/morph]/Modulename/Key.

Chris, can you give us a hint? How are your plans to extend the sync/OLkey
mechanisms in sword in future? What about lemmas etc?

> I think they should be draggable, but not clickable. Or should a lexicon be
> opened if a user clicks on a strongs or morphcode number?

Yes, I guess so. And if it is already open, jump to it.

Martin