[bt-devel] Hyperlink

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:48:13 +0100

Hi Martin!

> If I open MHC and move the mouse over one of the hyperlinks the ToolTip
> will always display Genesis 1:1, also if I click on one of the links.
> I believe once this thing is working it will be a GREAT aid for our users.
> E.g. the TSK is much more usable if it is based on hyperlinks.
> Please also make sure these hyperlinks can be dragged.

Hm, MHC has no hyperlinks on my side. TSK has no, too.
Do you have new module versions (ThML)?

> Chris will add a Morph lexicon for OT and NT (please provide 2, Chris--be
> sure to use the new config system) soon.
> Joachim, could you please tell us your standard of Hyperlinks? Are they
> draggable?

The standard is:
For Bibles, Commentaries and Lexicons:
	sword://[Bible|Commentary|Lexicon]/Modulename/Key
	e.g. sword://Lexicon/Eastons/Jesus is a hyperlink to the Jesus entry in the
eastons lexicon module.

For strongs:
	strongs://OT or NT/key
	e.g. strongs://OT/00001 is a refrence to the strong key 00001 in the OT
strong dictionary

The same for thr morph codes, that difference is the protocoll section
(morph:// instead of strongs://)

I think they should be draggable, but not clickable. Or should a lexicon be
opened if a user clicks on a strongs or morphcode number?

I'll change CGRoupmanager to accept strongs and morphcodes as drag objects.

All the coding and decoding of hyperlinks and references is done my
CReferenceManager.

Joachim