[bt-devel] Documentation

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:24:35 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> you have done a very good job with converting the existing documentation to
> the new format which will make translation much easier.
>
> > I have created a new page in the documentationwhich can be the target
> > for all web page links to the cvs documentation.
> > This links to all the documentation files (all translations as well).
> > This page should not build into the install, If it does, the links will
> > probably all be broken.  As all of the links are relative, local copies
> > will also work.
>
> What is disturbing here is that you have to click on the link to the first
> chapter to really get to the links. Either you change it so that the links
> are displayed on the main page (index.html) or we could also go away from
> docbook-generated html page to handwritten html (does not have to look like
> standard kde documentation--just a page with links).

OK I will change it to a page with just links, and delete the /common
file at this level.  I will name the file ~/documentation-links.html
--  Done  --  I used the generated second file and removed the kde
specific stuff.

> Could you please delete all files which are no longer necessary with the new
> doc system? I can then try to convert the Makefile.am's (the script creating
> them) to support the new system.

Yes, I have a complete local copy of the origional files just in case we
need it for somthing.  Once I do this the document files and links will
be broken until all of the program hooks are fixed.  -  Complete.

As far as creating the Makefiles.am's, the /en directory is complete.
The others are not even though some of the .html subdirectories are
partly populated.

Fred