[bt-devel] problem building BT and sword

Mark Lybarger bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:31:27 -0500

yes very helpfull. i've been wanting to try mandrake as a desktop too se
how it differs.  i tried a debian install once, and it didn't auto-setup
my NIC, so i dumped it.  as soon as i get a chance to d/l the iso's i'll
give Mandrake a shot.  From what I recall, there's an 8.1 version.  Are
there any known conflicts with this version? I'de rather go with the
latest and greatest.

from what i can tell, the 2.96 gcc compiler is actually more "standards"
compliant than the 2.95 released by the gnu folks.  most folks are only
still shying away from 3.0.1 is because of the problems with multiple
inhertiance (thus it can't build kde).