[bt-devel] problem building BT and sword

Mark Lybarger bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:57:04 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

>>I'm not sure what changed if anything, but I again re-got sword cvs, and
>>now it builds and installs ok.  I am still getting the below error when
>>trying to build bibletime...
>>

> Hi Mark,
>
> that is really strange.

i agree :)

Could you set buildshare to no, because this is not
> necessary and it is less "dangerous" to use a static lib. But I guess that is
> not the problem...

I did set to no, and have loads of new errors trying to build sword (it
built fine as static). I can post the errors tonight.

> BibleTime compiles fine here. Which compiler do you use? Is your sword really
> installed in /usr/local?

i'm using gcc 2.96 (RH 7.1).  Yes, sword is in /usr/local/sword as
specified in the Makefile.cfg.  To my knowledge there have been no
environmental changes on my machine.  These problems started to arise
when I updated BibleTime then Sword CVS.

has anyone else tried a completely clean copy from sword/bibletime cvs
recently?