[bt-devel] save search analysis to disk

Mark Lybarger bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 03 Nov 2001 13:54:50 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> Hey Mark,
>
> very nice work! Now you got most of it done, the rest are cosmetic fixes.

Thanks!

> A few comments:
> -use *.html filter for the file

	- most definately.

> -use forward class declarations

> (e.g. "class QString" in .h file and "#include <qstring.h> in .cpp file --
> makes compiling faster for classes including the .h file) -- I changed it
> already, take a look at it

	- What is it about forward class declarations that makes the compiling
faster?  Are there any trade offs with this? I'm just not too familiar
with it.

> -the first column contains booknames, the second the results in module1[, the
> third results in module3, ... the Nth the results in moduleN] -- otherwise it
> takes too much space and is not so usable; maybe a N+1th column containing
> the summary of all found entries of a book in all modules]

Are you thinking of somthing like this (don't know how ascii formatting
will look)?:

Book:                   KJV             ASV             AKJV
Genesis                 0               1               1
Exodus                  2               2               2
Leviticus               ....etc
Numbers
Deuteronomy

This certainly gives the reader a MUCH better comparison view across the
modules.  I thought it might also be better to leave off any zero's? Any
thoughts?