[bt-devel] proposals

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:08:47 +0100

Hi Martin!

> 1. We should have the possibility to turn on/off
>   a) Verse numbers
>   b) Line breaks after verses
>  that would enable text display just like normal text.

Yes, we might think about this.

> 2. We should think about moving some buttons around. The settings mentioned
> in 1. should be _per-window_, as should be the sword settings (show
> strongs, footnotes, headers...). I suggest to merge them in two buttons
> with context menu, like
>
> Sword settings
>  Footnotes
>  Strongs
>  Morph Codes
>
> View Settings
>  Headings
>  Verse numbers
>  Linebreaks

I'm against introducing a menubar in each module window. Maybe we can use a
popup-menu button similar to the ones in the module chooser bar?

Where's the difference between footnotes and headings for the user? I think
they are two very similair things in user's opinion, so they shouldn't be put
in different menus.

> Or all in one menu?
> (items are checkable, only ones supported by the module show up)
>
> Users can define preselect values  in the optionsdialog and then change the
> values for each window.
> Please comment.
>

> Martin

Joachim