[bt-devel] Documents status

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 06:00:21 -0500

I have been working on updating the documents section to the form
recomended by the style guide and translation how to for kde 2.1

The part of the changes that have the most impact are as follows:
the <set> tag is not used.  --  the document set now is three books that
are not in the same docbook tree.  I think these need to be in seperate
directories in the cvs.

The docbook files are now in XML format with a new dtd, with utf8
encoding.  Inorder to edit these you will need a utf8 enabled text
editor like kate, the latest version of kbable, etc.
The docbook files will need to be parsed with a XML parser like
meinproc.  kdb2html might still work, but might not render the same.

Translation can now be done by using .po files generated from the
handbook.  .po files from earlier translations can be used as kbable
compendum files to generate rough translations.

I have already done this with the english and most of the german, and am
ready to post some of this.

What should the directory structure look like?  If i overwright the
existing document area, bibletime will break and the handbok stuff will
not be callable untill the programmers fix the handels that call it.

I propose somthing like this for the current version

~docs---en---handbookhelpdialog---xml
                                  html
                                  po
             installation         xml
                                  html
                                  po
             howto                xml
                                  html
                                  po

old version po's and xml's in a zip file

Best regards
Fred Saalbach

This is a painting weekend, so I will probably be off line until next
week

--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.