[bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

Tim Brodie bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 May 2001 14:37:29 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joachim Ansorg" <jansorg@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

> As you know we're preparing version 1.0.
> Could you help us to find and fix bugs until version 1.0.
> Version 1.0 will be released at the end of this month.

Wonderful.  Would be glad to help.

> After 1.0 new features like ThML support (probably) and other things will
be
> added.
> If you have ideas for new features or improvements please send them on
this
> list!

Roger, wilco.

> > I'd like to understand some of the background of the team and
> > the project.  Is there any informal or formal ties to Wycliffe
> > by any of the team members?
>
> In the end of 1998 I installed Linux on my Computer to throw away Windows
:)
[snip]

Thanks for the background.  Praise the Lord for His Son!

I started working with Linux about 2 years ago as well, giving many
sighs of relief after supporting windoze for 10 years. I am currently
acting as CTO of a store fixture manufacturer (my brother's company)
and have been systematically eliminating anything MS and replacing
with linux.

Statistically, the ratio of time spent fixing windoze problems to
linux problems averages about 10:1 for similarly complex problems.
And I get the added bonus of the problems staying fixed with linux!  :-)

My wife Donna and I came to know the Lord as our Savior about 11 years
ago after a heated debate (with my two younger brothers) about who
Jesus really is, and Donna and I set out to 'research' the claims
of Christ.  He saved us not long after!  :-)

We have five children ages 1.5 years to 11 years of age; 4 boys, 1 girl.
We homeschool them all (grades junior kindergarden through grade six
currently)... Donna does the teaching.  We live in a small rural town
about 1.5 hours from my job, but I can work at home a day or two a week.
I've an ADSL internet connection, and have implemented IPSEC VPN and
RDesktop access to our MS Terminal Server (for legacy applications).
There is no performance penalty for working at home!  I'm very
thankful.

I'm also very excited to begin to contribute to this project and hope that
I can provide some value to the team.  Donna is also excited about it,
and has said she will support me in my efforts.

In Christ... Tim