[bt-devel] rpms

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 May 2001 18:39:15 +0200

> this would be fine with me as I provide the source rpm's anyway. I'm not
> doing anything that special but I don't have write access for cvs. Also I
> know how to do checkouts but doing updates and all that stuff I'm not
> familiar with as I've never actually used cvs for anything accept checkout.

You have cvs write access.
You find some instructions on how to use the cvs for developers in the
bibletime handbook.
But if you would only be working on the bibletime.spec.in file you could also
post it here or mail it to me and I'd put it into cvs. As you like it.

> On another note I've used cervesa and wincvs they both leace allot to be
> desired but I find cervesa criptic and almost unusable. at least I've never
> been able to figure out how to get it to work. Rather I just have a few
> shell scripts that I use to do my cvs stuff with.

The current release of cervisia is pretty useful imo, it has several really
useful features.
If you want to get it working you fist have to get commandline cvs working
(commit etc.). You then must upload your public ssh key to your personal
sourceforge page. This way you will not have to enter your password any more
-- required for cervisia.
You then open cervisia, open the bibletime directory and that's it. It also
has a pretty good handbook. But it's perhaps not worth the effort in your
case.
Just ask if you're experiencing trouble with it.

Martin