[bt-devel] Dockbook Question

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 07 May 2001 21:19:54 -0400

I was attempting to reproduce the BT features list in dockbook and ran
into a problem reproducing the same layout.  I think it has to do with
nesting of lists and tables not being restrected.  Dispite the error
messages the resulting html was fairly good.

Is there any way around this?

Fred

When I use a statement like this: ->

----------

<title>Bibletime 0.3 Features</title>
<tgroup cols = "2">
<thead>
<row>
<entry>Catagory</entry>
<entry>Feature</entry>
</row>
</thead>

<tbody>
<row>

<entry>Bookmark interface</entry>
  <entrytbl cols=1>
    <tbody>
      <row>
        <entry>The bookmark interface is integrated in the
groupmanager</entry>
      </row><row>
        <entry>Bookmarks may ba arranged in different groups</entry>
      </row><row>
        <para>- add bookmarks either using Drag and Drop or the RMB
menu</para>
        <para>- delete bookmarks</para>
        <para>- move bookmarks per Drag and Drop</para>
        <para>- Export bookmarks to a file to share them with
others</para>
        <para>- Import bookmarks from a file to use bookmarks from other

                users</para>
       </entry>
      </row>
    </tbody>
  </entrytbl>
</row>
</tbody>
</tgroup>
I get an error like this
jade:../features.docbook:236:45:E: character data is not allowed here
that points to the line marked with *

When I use a statement like this ->

<title>Bibletime 0.2 Features</title>
<tgroup cols = "2">
<thead>
<row>
<entry>Catagory</entry>
<entry>Feature</entry>
</row>
</thead>

<tbody>
<row>
<entry>Easy to use interface</entry>
<entry><itemizedlist>
     <listitem><para>Accelerators for the important
actions</para></listitem>
     <listitem><para>Automatic switching of fonts if a Bible was
selected which
  uses a special font</para></listitem>
</itemizedlist>
</entry>
</row>
</tbody>
</tgroup>

I get this error
jade:../features.docbook:326:23:E: character data is not allowed here
In this case the message always points to </itemizedlist>

 --
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach