[bt-devel] rpms

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 5 May 2001 15:40:03 +0200

> This results in simpler install, but the instructions will be a lot
> different than they are now.  Will KDE desktop integration be in the RPM?

Yes. It is already. IMO there will be just one file copied into a special
directory. Thats it.

> Can we take care of etc/ld.so.conf and sword.conf during the install?  This
> would further simplify things for users that have beginning knowledge of
> Linux.

We will no longer have to modify /etc/ld.so.conf, because $KDEDIR/bin should
be in there and sword is 'inside' the BT binary. That would make it less
complicated, I guess.
The module rpms would have to have some standard layout, like a
/etc/sword.conf pointing to /usr/local/sword, where the modules will be
installed. Should be possible. I guess Brook did it already in a similar way,
maybe with different directories.

> After 1.0 I will shortly have the documentation fixed.  Do we want to issue
> it as a patch?  or wait for the next release?

A good question. Maybe we'll just fix the installation page and have this one
translated quickly? The rest could go into the next release.
Maybe we should put all into the next release. Joachim?

Martin